- Photos posted on my blog are mine unless stated otherwise. BH

Sunday, February 3, 2019

Soup for the Bowl tonight

  Husband wanted it while he watched the game.
I browned in flour the meat and then to the drippings I added merlot to burn off what was in the pan.  I like doing this as it gives a good flavor and the kids can eat it because the wine is burned off, after that a little water and added it to the pot of a can of mixed veggies plus a can of potatoes.  I didn't have a lot of time to make it all fresh as it was a last minute thing.

Good rich color I think.
noodles, bay leaf, basil, lil salt, tad bit of sugar, kidney beans, large jar of my daughters homemade tomato juice and my dried red and yellow tomatoes along with dried red peppers from my garden last year.

Oh, yes, oven baked cheese sandwich.  Buttered both sides the bread and lined my baking pan with parchment. It turned out very tasty with just a little crunch.

3 comments:

  1. Your soup looks very good, Betsy! Add to that a cheese sandwich and I'm in heaven. It's really been soup weather and I do love having the leftovers for a quick lunch. Have a nice week ahead. I may even go into the garden and mess around this week. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Soup looks good, it will certainly hit the spot for warming you up. Much needed in the weather we all seem to be having.

    ReplyDelete

Enjoy reading your comments always!
If there is a return email address when I check my moderation of comments, I will reply then. If no reply is enabled, I will reply to comment under post. Thank you - Betsy