- Photos posted on my blog are mine unless stated otherwise. BH

Saturday, October 14, 2017

Saturday Shopping 2017

Found a few things I didn't need at "Through the Garden Gate".
But fun to buy things we just want and one of those things was lunch.  They have a great lunch.

I had chicken salad croissant with tomato soup.

Steven enjoyed egg salad with crab chowder,  I believe it was.
He is going back next time for just the soup, it was so very good.


Free desserts today served at their Spring Sale.  I didn't get a picture, we just ate the carrot cake.

We have snacks sometime while watching t.v. and I found these for $8.00.  I remember Mom having some like this when we were younger




I found the holder for toast.  I always see it on this British program we watch and I wanted one.  I found it today.

Little cocktail forks too.

Finger puppets, so cute.

I didn't go outside to see the animals,  but Steve did.

Free pony rides for the children and from what I heard it was a good little ride.  I wish the children could have gone but they are getting over the flu.  Very high fevers and it took about four days to even start having any kind of appetite or even for Adalyn to be able to get back to school.  Yes, they had their flu shots.

She is forcing a smile, sweet thing.  Adalyn is just sitting in the chair dozing off and on.

this was at the YMCA before the flu hit them of course.

Till next time
Betsy

11 comments:

  1. Love the animals and the finger puppets. Nice shot of the pool and also Adalyn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely post Betsy. Glad to hear the little ones are over their flu. Lunch looks delish and also enjoyed your buys and the animal pics. Enjoy the rest of your weekend and have a great week :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like such a nice place to visit. The food looks marvelous. They also offer animals for people to see?? I'm sad we don't have such a place around here. Looks like the kids would love it. Hope they're better now. If I understand it well...they usually predict 3 types of flu for the season and the vaccine will protect against the worse one for the Winter. My children always managed to get something. I like those toaster holder...I too noticed them in British shows and also boiled eggs in egg cups. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They have something for children on their spring sales. Nice neighborly people who run the shops there.

      Delete
  4. Oh, Betsy. I see in the comment above me that now you have the flu. Not fun! Hope you get better fast. Poor little kids, I hope they are getting better too. Looks like really good lunches. I bet that is the last thing you want to think about now??..Get well, my friend..xxoJudy

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've shared such beautiful photographs.
    I do like the finger puppets.

    Hope you get over the flu quickly, my good wishes.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jan. Gonna be a while to feel back to my old self.

      Delete
  6. Dearest Betsy,
    Wow, you seemed to have found a great place!
    For both of us I'm afraid the soup would be too high in sodium... It is so hard for eating right when on the road.
    Love your toast rack! Was it silver or silver plated? We got one of solid 800 silver handmade in Indonesia, after an antique one.
    On my previous website I sold two, one antique silver one from England and an antique silver plated one from Christofle, France.
    You know they are great for serving waffles too, like the heart shaped ones.
    Or for folding napkins in triangles and putting them in there. Not the large dinner sized but the cocktail napkins.
    And even with stationery on a desk... Lots of uses.
    Sending you hugs from a mild Georgia. We just biked together at 79˚F, we did over 10 miles... for the first time in our shorts!
    Spring is coming, more and more trees bloom.
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Mariette,
    Yes, I feel the soups are high in sodium also. Good they are small bowls.
    The toast rack was only a few dollars and it's silver plated and stamped on the bottom "made in England".
    Your weather sounds wonderful. Biking 10 miles, wow, you are certainly fit. Georgia does have pleasant weather to be out and about in now.

    ReplyDelete

Enjoy reading your comments always!
If there is a return email address when I check my moderation of comments, I will reply then. If no reply is enabled, I will reply to comment under post. Thank you - Betsy