- Photos posted on my blog are mine unless stated otherwise. BH

Thursday, March 3, 2011

in the mood for planting

I bought some roots and bulbs last week.   Yesterday was nice and warm, but today is very chilly, but I still got out in the yard to clean up the beds and plan where to plant some flowers and plants.   
I bought these last week and can't wait to get the black hollyhock in the ground. Never had one this color, only the double pinks and whites.    I understand the black is what is used by some to color herb teas, because when it's added it gives a deep rose color.   I will try it.
I must remember to dig up the dahlia this year
I am gonna try garlic , never have before.   I use garlic a lot.

As I was walking the yard earlier to see if any bulbs were coming up; I found some.
These are Hiacinths,  I used to have more than this in this bed,  who knows what critter got them.   I am having trouble with moles, need some more grub killer,  or milky spore.

 daffodils

 this geranium has been on the porch all winter
looks like it may have survived.

I took this cutting from the larger lavender plant shown below.   This provence lavender is hardy, it took being buried under snow this winter.


I am still working on this boxwood that I dug up from under a larger one in the yard, it is two years old.
I will give it another haircut soon. .

 boxwoods in side yard

Looking to front yard from the side of house



These guys always make me smile,  they are sitting on my side table outside on the walkway.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Enjoy reading your comments always!
If there is a return email address when I check my moderation of comments, I will reply then. If no reply is enabled, I will reply to comment under post. Thank you - Betsy