- Photos posted on my blog are mine unless stated otherwise. BH

Saturday, March 12, 2011

Grits and Shrimp

For brunch today ( we got up real late) I decided to have grits with something.   Heard of grits with shrimp but never tried it.   Grits were prepared according to package directions along with the water I sprinkled in celery seed - love the taste of celery, sea salt, and olive oil.  I would have added a packet of chicken bouillon (low sodium) but was out of that.    After I fixed mine,  I read that some people use milk instead of water.  I would rather use water myself


  After it cooks enough - it's put in a casserole dish.   On top goes my shredded 3 oz's. pepper jack cheese along with 3 oz's. cheddar.  Shrimp is thawed and placed on top with paprika, another fave. of mine.
  Placed in oven on 350 when all is looking good - it's eaten right away. Yummmmmm


Canned apples I put up in October heated with cinnamon sugar and honey along with the dish.  Now for a nap.

2 comments:

  1. That sounds very yummy! I think I would love it, I know I love grits and shrimp, so combined, I think they would be a winner!
    Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and checking out my cottage dreams.
    Hugs, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. These sound so easy to prepare and with such elegant and tasty looking results. I have a brunch coming up Friday. I'm going to check to make sure my guest are allergic to shell fish.

    ReplyDelete

Enjoy reading your comments always!
If there is a return email address when I check my moderation of comments, I will reply then. If no reply is enabled, I will reply to comment under post. Thank you - Betsy