Blog header photo is mine taken a couple years ago here at home. - Photos posted on my blog are mine unless stated otherwise. BH

Sunday, June 25, 2017

Sunday afternoon

Didn't do to much today especially outside as it's still hot hot hot.
Will water plants in a few after I eat dinner.    I browned in olive oil and little bacon fat drippings ( used the bacon in the pot roast) .   Then made a little thickening which turned a pretty brown and then a can of tomato sauce.  Placed my small red skins I purchased at Pole Green produce yesterday along with carrots, mushrooms and spices.  I didn't use onion today nor celery.  Tastes good now after cooking about 4 hours in a dutch oven in the oven.   
Meat carrots and redskins in the skin  - yummm


Had to have bread

Put some flour in a bowl,  sugar, salt and rapid rise yeast.
poured water with olive oil in and mixed it up - worked a few minutes til it looked right and bounced back when pressed with finger.

I put a little oil in a dish and sprinkled corn meal on the bottom,  let rise and cook at 350 til done - can always tell.


No milk nor eggs in the dough.   Taste so good with a mixture of butter and garlic 
slathered on top while warm.

Yep those two big slices are mine.


A few flowers in a pitcher I picked today to leave you with
Happy Sunday

10 comments:

  1. Your pot roast and homemade bread look delicious, Betsy!!! I'm always a sucker for homemade bread. :) Love that last picture of the lavender and columbine(?) in the pretty pitcher! It sounds like you had a nice day. It has been terribly hot and humid, hasn't it? With all the rain, our grass is growing like wildfire.

    Have a great week!

    Hugs,

    Denise at Forest Manor

    ReplyDelete
  2. Betsy,
    Looks like quite a delicious meal!! Thanks so much for stopping by!
    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pot roast and bread are certainly a temptation, they look amazing. I must admit to cheating a little with the bread I use a bread making machine. Pretty arrangement in the jug.

    ReplyDelete
  4. YUM---your dinner looked and sounded wonderful... I'd love some good pot roast and homemade bread.... NOTHING BETTER.....

    We have had that tropical rain system from the Gulf here --so lots of rain and tons of HUMIDITY... Today so far, it's wonderful here.. NOT HUMID and quite COOL..... Love it.

    We just got home from a little Anniversary trip to NC....

    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a delicious meal! You've given me inspiration for tonight's supper.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You've made me hungry! This looks absolutely delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Betsy, your meal looks wonderful! I hope you had lots of leftovers to enjoy. Your bread all slathered in butter is making my mouth water. Have a lovely week. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. I bet you enjoyed your meal ... I could almost smell it cooking!!!
    Your flowers in the pitcher look great.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dearest Betsy,
    You have been really into cooking big meals; I mean 'heavy meals'.
    Both of us have turned away from almost all meat for health reasons and also adhere to a low sodium diet.
    I have to keep my kidneys going from slipping into the severe stage...
    But your pot roast with redskins really looks yummy.
    Can't believe that years ago we got to eat and enjoy it all till one day you find out that no longer it is good for your body.
    Sending you hugs for a happy weekend and a very happy 4th of July!
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete

Enjoy reading your comments always!
If there is a return email address when I check my moderation of comments, I will reply then. If no reply is enabled, I will reply to comment under post. Thank you - Betsy