Blog Photo ..Pohlig Brothers box factory where my Grandmother worked ages ago. Today the building has been turned into apartments. Richmond Va.


photos on blog are taken by me unless noted otherwise. Please ask before using.
Thank You - bsh

All things Christmas on Christmas blog

Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Barn in Bedford Va

October of last year Steve and I drove to Bedford Va to sightsee and visit the apple orchard.    The barn pictured is at the crossroads of Penick and Sheep Creek roads.   I took this as we were making our to the orchard.     We will be going again this October also.  Love this area.   Very pretty stone work.
I am sharing with  Barn Charm

9 comments:

  1. It seems an unusual choice of materials for a barn, but it sure looks sturdy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, really enjoy the stone wall. such character. (:

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that stone work! Great find!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful barn and lovely stonework! This barn has obviously been around a while.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it! I love that stones! I wish they made stone structures still & I'd live in & love a stone house! They're just so very beautiful to me

    Thanks for joining =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the old stone barns! They were built to last! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely! Just good for a holiday home like in Britain!

    Sigrun

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is one unique barn. Its exterior is far from the usual, and I have this feeling that anyone who gets the chance to pass by this shelter will be attracted by its house-like appearance. Very nice! I bet the livestock being sheltered inside are felling really comfortable with these stones surrounding the barn.

    Rodger Ciliberto

    ReplyDelete

Comments always a joy to read. Some have the - no reply comment -
enabled. I sometimes will respond in the comment section of my post.