Blog Photo ..Pohlig Brothers box factory where my Grandmother worked ages ago. Today the building has been turned into apartments. Richmond Va.


photos on blog are taken by me unless noted otherwise. Please ask before using.
Thank You - bsh

Thursday, May 24, 2012

magnolia leaves - wreath

I had a box of dried magnolia leaves ,  well they dried because I left them in  a basket after Christmas in the garage.   They were so perfectly dried that I thought I should make a wreath for the front door with them.   I painted the leaves a brighter green.   Some of the leaves I painted white with a little shadow of beige.    The center is a piece of pine cone.     I didn't paint the leaves until I finished gluing all of the leaves on a disc of about 8 1/2 inches in diameter,  then I went into the circle about another two inches and glued the second row.   Much better to paint the leaves first before gluing on.  
this is the finished product


this is a little blurry but you can see how I glued the leaves on a circle I cut from foam board

Wished I had painted them first at this point .
I roughly cut a piece of foam core and glued this hanger on
then attached to the back of the disk for hanging

I have some others I will post of other ideas when I finish them.    I sprayed the wreath with acrylic spray when I finished.

I am sharing this post with The Charm of Home

6 comments:

  1. Hi Betsy! Your wreath is just beautiful! What a clever idea. Can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very creative, Betsy!
    Sorry, that I not answered on your message in the blog, I was ill.

    Sigrun

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful idea. I love the way this turned out. So beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so creative! You asked below how people come up with such great ideas-I'd say you came up with one all on your own as I never would've thought of making a wreath. It turned out so natural and sophisticated!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your wreath is fabulous! How creative of you. I have taken a little stroll through your blog and I love all the beautiful homes and lawns. What a lovely area you live in. I am your newest follower. Please accept my warm invitation to visit and hopefully to follow me too. Connie :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for stopping by my blog, I have become a follower. I like your wreath...very pretty and creative! I will return often! Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete

Comments always a joy to read. Some have the - no reply comment -
enabled. I sometimes will respond in the comment section of my post.