" The greater part of our happiness or misery depends upon our dispositions, and not upon our circumstances". - Martha Washington

Thursday, September 12, 2024

Happy Thursday

Looking out my window this morning and seeing the zinnias at the lamp post are still blooming and looking pretty.  
Morning glories still growing strong and this one a volunteer growing in my pot with a boxwood and snapdragon.  I pushed it close to the sliding door so it could run up the side.  I don't like things growing for long on the walls of my house, but this won't last long and it's pretty. 


Got a few tomatoes and snap beans canned.
a few jars of tomatoes

Raspberry bread (more like a cake to me) right out of the oven.



flour, baking powder, sour cream, butter. I whipped the eggs and that is why it is probably more like a cake.
Vanilla and little cinnamon.
frozen raspberries mixed with little flour and mixed in.  
I mixed confectioners' sugar, heavy cream and butter. 
drizzled over cake or bread.
I didn't have real butter to mix with my flour along with other ingredients, so I used a stick of imperial margarine and Sauers butter flavor extract.  I usually like butter better but didn't have it.  


O.k. next post will be some decorating or spreading a little autumnal color around the house. I don't like to overdo it.  Little touches here and there.  Well sometimes it balloons, will see what kind of mood I get in. 
I started with some leaf garland.  

O.k. leaf garland and now on to the rest
Have a great day! 
Betsy
🍂

6 comments:

  1. Dearest Betsy,
    You are always active in the garden and inside home and kitchen!
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am spending most of my time the past week out side and I am slower getting the work that needs to be done out there done and over with. Now leaves.
      Hugs, Betsy

      Delete
  2. OOOO the raspberry bread! Amazing! My mouth is watering.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow, that raspberry bread looks delicious. I won't be able to fit into my fall jeans if I keep reading your blog! My daughter is coming over this weekend and we're going to make the chocolate cake! I cannot wait!

    ReplyDelete

Enjoy reading your comments always!
If there is a return email address when I check my moderation of comments, I will reply then. If no reply is enabled, I will reply to comment under post. Thank you - Betsy