- Photos posted on my blog are mine unless stated otherwise. BH

Wednesday, June 23, 2021

 After a much needed rain yesterday, today is sunshiny and will be warm of course, it's summer.

Nothing better than strawberries and blueberries for me. 

Hard to believe we will be in July soon.   Seems like just yesterday I was just saying that I would welcome the warm Spring days and Summer.  Well Summer is definitely here and moving fast.  I think time goes by faster the older I get.  


Potted Cosmos looks so pretty growing in the pots, but I never really thought they would get this big as I have not grown them before.  Next year less in the pots, but they are doing well with watering through the day. I just keep a watering can close and filled to give a drink as I walk by.  

I have several different colors growing.  



From seeds I have striped marigolds.  I think I like this type of marigold the best.

Squash flowers are beautiful too.


Lavender doing so well and I have picked some for drying and sachets.  I removed little flowers for garnishing some lemon lavender cookies and maybe some muffins later to be made.  I have some dried in little glass containers for use later.  
Potted pink hollyhock at garage. 
The Black flower hollyhock is growing straight up the dog wood tree.  It's a big one.



Herons Pirouette begonia.  Comes back bigger and thicker every year. I keep it pulled as it gets thick in this area with it.  Very easy to control, so no problem


Rosemary cutting I rooted last summer in pot.  I keep  it cut to shape

Before the rain at late evening.

Til next time....~bh

11 comments:

  1. Betsy,
    Your yard looks fabulous with all your pretty blooms!! Love your outdoor furniture too!!! I saw your wire tea cups and smiled as I have the same one in my Kitchen...I like yours in white...Mine is brown so I may be getting out a can of spray paint!! LOL!! We had a lot of rain too and heat before it...Now it is in the 70's and just lovely!! I enjoyed the video too!! Thanks for sharing!!
    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. What beautiful plants! Such a lovely garden. My daughter used to grow Cosmos from seed. Hers were a golden color and very prolific. I think they reseeded, too (or maybe she collected their seeds every year?)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love have some golden colored cosmos. I will collect the seeds and let them re seed in the plantings under the tree.

      Delete
  3. Your flowers are so lovely, Betsy! I've never grown cosmos--they are so colorful! I do believe I'd need more sun than my garden has, though. Your rosemary looks so cute in the teacup. And your frog is darling in the begonia. The weather was so nice today, I chose to spend the afternoon weeding. Happy summertime!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dearest Betsy,
    Wow, you have quite a showcase of beautiful flowers in your garden.
    That black hollyhock is indeed huge!
    You had me laugh so hard with that cute frog with trumpet; LOVE it.
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mariette. My husband suggests that I keep them confined to maybe just a few flower beds rather than making so many little ones as he is getting dizzy going round in circles cutting around them. I am glad my frog made you laugh. Happy Thursday to you. Betsy

      Delete
  5. Everything looks so pretty 😊 Beautiful flowers and I love the garden art. A lovely collection.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Betsy,
    Thanks so much for stopping by!! We are in a heat wave right now with temps in the 90's and tropical humidity!!
    I won't be coming out of the house for the whole week....Hope you are having a great weekend!!
    Hugs
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete

Enjoy reading your comments always!
If there is a return email address when I check my moderation of comments, I will reply then. If no reply is enabled, I will reply to comment under post. Thank you - Betsy