- Photos posted on my blog are mine unless stated otherwise. BH

Tuesday, April 11, 2023

Easter Sunday

 Hope all enjoyed a Happy Easter.   The weather couldn't have been more perfect with sunshine and a hearty meal.  

Ham

Mac in cheese

Yams with nuts, brown sugar, marshmallows, cinnamon, nutmeg and some apple juice
Dipping sweet potatoes in boiling water sure helped with peeling. 
We had Italian green beans along with collard greens.  I chopped the collards added some vinegar, few pepper flakes and little water in the pressure cooker for 10 minutes.  
Corn.  A tossed salad with tomatoes, red onions, cukes., deviled eggs and cold macaroni salad 

Mrs. Smith's Apple pie for dessert

Strawberry short cake - I just purchased the dessert cake for shortcake and mixed softened cream cheese, vanilla and some cool whip together, spooned into cups with chopped strawberries on top and of course the girls love the extra whipped topping to finish off the top.  

Son and his family here.  Opa hid eggs for the girls.  Their parents joined in.   An egg hid from last year was found.  This happens every year.  

Seems like yesterday they were just toddlers looking for eggs.

Flash back to when Adalyn was about three here.
Genevieve

Wow, where did the time go?

While having dinner, Eggbert that Adalyn made while we colored eggs on good Friday was taken from the fridge in his chair at the dinner table with us.  He was a good egg.  


the Azaleas were so pretty along with the pink and white dogwoods.  One of the dogwoods are going to be taken down at the azaleas because it's just not that pretty anymore.   They have a good run of about 40 years I heard.   
I trimmed a lot on these white azaleas after blooming last year, they are thick with flowers this year.

This was taken on good Friday when it was a little rainy.
I see a little rabbit on the porch railing.


Taken Monday after Easter.  I sat on my patio with a good book and fell asleep in the chair.  

😉Happy Tuesday 



6 comments:

  1. Dearest Betsy,
    WOW, what an Easter showcase you had with such perfect Azaleas and Dogwoods being in bloom!
    Yes, infants and toddlers do grow up fast but also for us time is passing almost too fast...
    There sure was plenty of choice for good Easter food and such are happy family times.
    Glad for you.
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy Wednesday Mariette, I love sitting out every morning while the azaleas are blooming. They don't last long enough for me. I have been picking some and bring in for vases and they last a good while.
      Time is passing way too fast for me and my my bones feel it. I try to get most chores done early now. Hugs, Betsy

      Delete
  2. Betsy,
    I think I just lost my comment..Things are blooming more where you are than here in NEPA...A few trees and the forsythias are in bloom but that is it...We go from freezing cold to unseasonally warm every 2-3 days! Crazy!!
    Thanks so much for stopping by!!! Happy Belated Easter!
    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved this post Betsy, about your family and the food you made for Easter and your garden. Looks like it was a very blessed Easter. That's a great header!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Denise. A Blessed Easter it was.

      Delete

Enjoy reading your comments always!
If there is a return email address when I check my moderation of comments, I will reply then. If no reply is enabled, I will reply to comment under post. Thank you - Betsy