- Photos posted on my blog are mine unless stated otherwise. BH

Monday, April 24, 2023

Happy Monday

 Catching up on yard work and getting ready for new floor in den has kept us busy.   Will hopefully soon have the baseboard heaters cut out and then will proceed with the floor.  It's carpet now and we will have a laminate of some sort.  Maybe a vinyl laminate since it's downstairs on cement floor and the next room adjacent is laundry.  If ever a water leak, I think vinyl laminate will be the best, maybe.  Still researching.

Outside the last of our azaleas are blooming.  I took pictures of each type that bloomed this year and I do not know the names of all since they were here when we moved in. 

Coral Bells


I believe this one is called Garards Rose






I believe this is called Perfecto Mundo double white.
 
Another white azalea but different type

Very large bloom and on day I hope to be able to sit down and get the names to all.

Bicolor on the same shrub

This is the shrub the top two are from
same shrub at golden hour

Rows of box to be clipped next and the side yard to house I am going to remove the azaleas, relocate somewhere else.


These are in the back yard.   I am trimming way hard on these.  They always come back.  


 I like how just one stem from azalea makes a bouquet. 

view from bedroom side window

View from back

I switched out the curtains in our bedroom. I guess anyone can see I like flowers.



I have the bed around the tree that I am going to throw some seeds in.  Maybe petunias as they run and cover an area really well. 

  I never tire of this view to the white dogwood tree.  The past few days though, it looks like snow falling as the petals are starting to drop.


An arrangement of azaleas and one Peony that has bloomed so far.


I have roses blooming now. I love it.


Although the Daffodils are long gone, I am still enjoying these that dried in the vase




View from home office window 
Bye for now. 
😊Betsy

6 comments:

  1. No flowers for us, yet, we still stuck in an extended winter...brrr. Your colors are so cheerful, makes me impatient for spring and summer. We had a basement floor recently. It was a nightmare. We had wall to wall carpet down there forever...ripped it up and did carpet squares to go over the cement floor. We installed vinyl laminate in a family room upstairs last spring and love it. Can't go wrong with either...good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many beautiful flowers! What a lovely post. We don't have flowers yet, actually a frost warning tonight. I can't wait for all that color!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Miss Merry. You have your flowers to look forward to. It is chillier this week here by 10 to 20 degrees from most days last week. I look forward to seeing all of your pretty flowers.

      Delete
  3. Dearest Betsy,
    You have quite a show of azaleas and that dogwood is a stunner!
    What a view from the bedroom down on it.
    Enjoy its brief time of spectacular blooms. It passes so quickly and then it is just 'green' till the fall sets in.
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am enjoying every day. Definitely taking time to smell the roses and other blooming beauties. Hugs, Betsy

      Delete

Enjoy reading your comments always!
If there is a return email address when I check my moderation of comments, I will reply then. If no reply is enabled, I will reply to comment under post. Thank you - Betsy