Blog header photo is mine taken a couple years ago here at home. - Photos posted on my blog are mine unless stated otherwise. BH

Thursday, March 16, 2023

Pamplin city

One of Virginia's smallest cities incorporated in 1874.  Town of Pamplin city straddles Appomattox County and Prince Edward County line.   

A ghost town at the moment and I say that because I heard from one of the towns people that a couple of the buildings have been purchased and being renovated.  Maybe there will be some nice little eatery and local shopping hopefully in the future brought back. Like I said, hopefully.   It's such a pretty area.  Nice Museum in the train depot. 

Pamplin clay pipe factory employed many townspeople at the time and was known as one of the largest clay pipe factories in the world.    Closed in 1951.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Enjoy reading your comments always!
If there is a return email address when I check my moderation of comments, I will reply then. If no reply is enabled, I will reply to comment under post. Thank you - Betsy