- Photos posted on my blog are mine unless stated otherwise. BH

Saturday, December 31, 2022

Mom

 A local paper of Mom and 101st Birthday. Born 11/23/1921

Mom had 8 of us.  Two died very early on, one died at two years old, another at birth.  Mom cooked every meal and I used to love to watch her make rolls and that lemon meringue pie.  She   made sure we were up and dressed ready for school with a good breakfast before we left, we had to have something in our stomachs she said.  Manners a must.  She reads her Bible.  I remember until her move to nursing home she said her bedtime prayers kneeling at her bed.  She is still the checkers queen as she always wins.  She loves to play scrabble too.   





10 comments:

  1. How wonderful! What a special lady!! You are blessed! Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. Blessed we are. Happy New Year to you!

      Delete
  2. What a sweet story about your mom, giving birth to 8 children, and celebrating 101 years young.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dearest Betsy,
    She is surely blessed aside from the two children lost...
    A strong Christian lady and it proves again that praying people have a connection with their Creator and often a favorite one.
    Big hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I so agree with you Mariette. She always reminded us of our prayers and to be humble. When an answer is sought like it was with me years ago, there was only one answer, I picked up my bible and found it there. God is the answer. Happy New Year Mariette, hugs, Betsy

      Delete
  4. Happy belated Birthday to your amazing Mom. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wowwwwww !!…congratulations with your mom …what a age🍀❤️🍀 love from me 🙏

    ReplyDelete

Enjoy reading your comments always!
If there is a return email address when I check my moderation of comments, I will reply then. If no reply is enabled, I will reply to comment under post. Thank you - Betsy