- Photos posted on my blog are mine unless stated otherwise. BH

Monday, May 16, 2022

Mostly pictures of the past week

Wow, it's been chilly here most days.  Not good planting weather.  Did get a few things done in yard and I threw out seeds in  flower beds.  Hopefully they will come up and fill in. Not planning on purchasing many plants this year.  Only veggies mostly.  Tomato plants are higher this year at some about 4 dollars a plant.  I did luck out and find a local stand with plants in the 4 cell package for around $2.97 there about.  I look forward to seeing how this cuke produces in pots.  

Sweet peas in a pot and there are pods I see
Mock orange


Some peonies and fringe tree clipping on my table





Strawberries coming in. 

My Mothers Day flowers still looking so pretty. 

Girl got a new do.  

til next time













 

5 comments:

  1. Dearest Betsy,
    The weather sure has been up and down with some rather 'nippy' days.
    But slowly we're reaching the hot period again.
    Your flowers look gorgeous; envy you for such peonies. We used to have them but lost them all.
    Lovely flowers in vases, they bring so much joy!
    That pea in a pot is a great idea.
    Just cooked some fresh peas on Saturday, with baby carrots. Found them at Trader Joe's.
    Our parents grew them for the auction and I always loved eating them.
    It was quite something in the spring for eating fresh peas with new potatoes!
    Enjoy your garden!
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good evening Mariette. Mom used to fix fresh peas with new potatoes and some times with pearl onions. We loved them. The peas in the pot are getting large. I had several pots of them last year and I froze several bags for the winter for soups or just as a side. I will plant them again in the fall, but more of them.
    Peonies really scent the house but when the flowers get spent, they drop petals all over. I try to get them before they do. Happy week to you, Betsy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Forget to mention that I meant snow peas, they are flat and you have to remove the ...? https://youtu.be/HwdySuQKuds
      Is this the same that you have in your pot or are those peas that you have to shell?
      This is what I bought recently at Trader Joe's and cooked with baby carrots after cleaning them like in the Dutch video.

      Delete
    2. Mine are peas I shell. I watched the video and my daughter grows snow peas. I love both.

      Delete

Enjoy reading your comments always!
If there is a return email address when I check my moderation of comments, I will reply then. If no reply is enabled, I will reply to comment under post. Thank you - Betsy