- Photos posted on my blog are mine unless stated otherwise. BH

Thursday, March 3, 2022

Burners Lodge, Luray Va. - Pt.1

Few pictures from our get away the first week of February. 


This sign at the start of driveway on way up mountain. 

Luray in Page County Va.

Off in the distance from the driveway on start up the mountain is the circled lodge.  One and a half mile up.   Deer and Cows along the way.


I zoomed in with my camera here

Luray is where we rented a cabin, called Burners Mountain Lodge.  Very quiet and not a sound to be heard.  
From our deck to page valley below and Blue Ridge mountains in the distance.  


Made it




Back out for a little while to look around

Stove fueled by propane.  Nice to have going especially in the evenings.
Steve can be seen through window starting grill for steaks
Our steaks with salad.  Side of potatoes, mixed with red peppers and onions
Kitchen well stocked
Gangs all here
Standing on deck looking out. Not a house to be seen.

Mountain straight up behind us
Hot tub ready to go
walking around to the front under the deck.
Reflection in window of sunset, plus the one on top window.
 
The first night I was a little jumpy, I guess.  I didn't hear a sound which was good.  I was raised in the country surrounded by forest.  I guess I should be used to it.  Reading too many stories about bears lately. 
Time to turn in.   I am thinking that it's a planet I am seeing in the night sky as it is not twinkling. No lights to keep us from sleep. Pure quiet and darkness tonight.
This last picture I am not sure of the time of day I took it from our deck. Must be sunrise with the fog over the valley lifting.  I like how this one turned out almost monotone.
Drive to cabin.  My driver took his time getting there. Just taking it
all in. 
  


6 comments:

  1. Gosh, that was quite the drive up the mountain!!! But what a lovely spot once you got there. I am sure it was even more beautiful in person. What a terrific getaway.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Miss Merry. I got to read a bit and looked in some vintage shops. Surrounding areas were just so pretty.

      Delete
  2. This spot looks absolutely wonderful, Betsy! The peace and tranquility of it all really appeals to me. How nice to stay in such a place these days. I love your last shot as well as the night shot! Just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dearest Betsy,
    Wow, you drove in the north of Virginia while we drove all the way down to south Florida...
    But what a sight, that gravel drive was bumpy but dry, except in the beginning there was water beside the drive. Each big(ger) black bump you showed, I thought of a black bear!
    Those deer were fantastic and they seemed so calm. Sure it is THEIR surrounding and they might be used to some peaceful visitors that are not hunting them.
    A very roomy cabin and lovely done in all wood.
    Thanks for taking us along!
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    PS next time you also could use Relive, the app that I use for an exact video from where we drove, walked, biked or whatever. My previous posts and todays, as well as tomorrow's have it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Mariette, I was looking for big black bears too. The cabin was very roomy and open. The fields around traveling to cabin was cow fields and they were all out the next day. The owner said that sometimes they will wander up to the cabin as she has seen them in the front yard before.
    Glad you enjoyed the post and I am glad you gave me the name of app you used. I wanted to try that after seeing your posts. Now I will take a look at it. Happy Weekend Betsy

    ReplyDelete

Enjoy reading your comments always!
If there is a return email address when I check my moderation of comments, I will reply then. If no reply is enabled, I will reply to comment under post. Thank you - Betsy