- Photos posted on my blog are mine unless stated otherwise. BH

Tuesday, November 9, 2021

Apples

 Happy Tuesday Everyone

Was so pretty this morning with the sun shining. Yesterday, Monday it was so very breezy that it was  causing falling leaves to twirl  as they were coming down.  I had to sit out and watch for a little while.  Then on to hanging clothes on the line.  Sheets are what is nice and fresh smelling after a few hours in the sun and breeze.

 A nice relaxing drive just to get away on Sunday.  We stopped for a coffee, pumpkin spice was mine and Steve his regular with cream. 

Heading out of our neighborhood are these very pretty trees in a line. I wish the electrical lines were not in the picture.

Seemed like we were the only ones on the road.   Route 250.

Leaves are changing and that is what I really wanted to see.

We did take the grand girls to Carter mountain a few days before to pick some apples.
First time doing so. While there we enjoyed fresh from the fryer apple cider donuts. 
There was a lunch truck so we all had lunch of burgers,  
view from deck picnic table
The blue ridge in distance

Looking through to valley below
Little sour and so good and juicy.  
Genevieve left Opa holding the bag

Addy's Apple
Genevieve's  Winesap
Couldn't have picked a better or nicer day for this







Vineyards can be seen in the distance on the mountain

short clip 


































8 comments:

  1. Fabulous photos, Betsy!

    These trees are very pretty indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dearest Betsy,
    So, got to be your 3rd viewer of this video and what a gorgeous day indeed.
    No, we have zero apples in our region as it is too warm for them to grow and produce.
    It always is so nice to read Opa (and or Oma) here, so familiar like being back home.
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Mariette, I am glad you viewed it and it was such a wonderful day all the way around. Yes, those apples have to have some freeze to do well next season, but you have some very good peaches there in Georgia. My son has a peach tree that had nice little peaches this year in Va. and those ratty squirrels got everyone of them. I guess he needs to throw a net over it or something. If the cold snap here doesn't get the peaches, the squirrels will. It's nice to hear that Opa and Oma brings back fond memories of home. Mama used to call her grandparents Ma and Pa, I am glad she shares still of what she remembers of her past. Hugs to you, Betsy

      Delete
  3. What a beautiful day! Those burgers look absolutely amazing and my mouth is watering for the donuts, too. It looks like some very successful apple picking!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Carter Mt. and those yummy donuts! My dau and son-in-law went about a month ago and guess what ... they didn't invite me!! Guess they needed a little together time. that's okay. I get to do lots with them. Oh, yes, do stop by Q Daddy's. It's on the right just after you pass the airport going east on 460.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a gorgeous day you had at Carter's Mountain Orchard! Love those juicy apples. Your grands always look like they are enjoying themselves. I love hanging sheets on the line, too, Betsy. It's a good time to change the quilts to winter and let them hang in the breeze as well. Have a happy week!

    ReplyDelete

Enjoy reading your comments always!
If there is a return email address when I check my moderation of comments, I will reply then. If no reply is enabled, I will reply to comment under post. Thank you - Betsy