- Photos posted on my blog are mine unless stated otherwise. BH

Friday, August 27, 2021

Cape Charles days away photos

 Cape Charles 

The sweetest and best little beach town as far as I am concerned in Virginia. Northampton Virginia.

On the East coast, Cape Charles has one of the largest concentration of Late Victorian homes.  Built between 1885 and 1920


A short distance for us to the beach.  We stayed in a house in the historical town.
A golf cart or "buggy" as grand daughter Genevieve calls it.  Took us the couple short blocks to the beach.  So much fun using it especially in the cooler evening for shopping or getting dinner and of course ice cream after ward



Creamy good shaved ice.  No high fructose syrup and creamy natural flavors especially the banana.


Grandgirls mom got to spend a night with us.   Found shells on the beach

Dinner out in town.    Great food and atmosphere.
Do not want to start too late to get dinner as it's a small town and things close early like the shops and this place dinner is over at 9 p.m.  Wanna get in by 8:00.  Sounds late but after a long day and beach sand that needs to be washed off, then dressed.  We were always heading out late. 
Miranda and girls deciding on shrimp and fish.


Can tell the age of this place by the old wavy glass in the window.


Where we stayed in town.  Cape Utopia is what our beach house is called.




I have more to share of the home we stayed and some pretty sunsets.
Til later, Betsy

5 comments:

  1. Oh Betsy, this vacation spot is lovely! Your photos make me wish I were there now. It's been years since I've been to Cape Charles. I remember its old charm and beauty as you have photographed. Your grand girls are really growing up! I'm sure they will remember this special vacation. Have a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dearest Betsy,
    What a lovely place to stay with your daughter Miranda and the grand-girls!
    No doubt, lots of fond memories got made during those days.
    That indeed, was authentic looking old glass and no doubt single glass.
    Always important for including historic things into any visit or stay.
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy Saturday Mariette, We had a wonderful time. The white sand was like silk. That wavy glass is single glass. I like sitting in vintage buildings like this. Meal was so enjoyable and relaxed. Hopefully we will go back in a month or two. I love it here. Betsy

      Delete

Enjoy reading your comments always!
If there is a return email address when I check my moderation of comments, I will reply then. If no reply is enabled, I will reply to comment under post. Thank you - Betsy