- Photos posted on my blog are mine unless stated otherwise. BH

Friday, March 27, 2020

Staying kinda put

Had to get out very early to shop a few things at Publix.  They open at 7 for seniors and people who are at risk.
I got what I needed and shelves were pretty well stocked I must say.
I also took the grand girls out for a drive through lunch and a ride around the back roads here since it was so pretty and sunny.
We passed this old vine covered building.  Won't be standing much longer I am sure.

Here is another.  Log cabin.

Before the "staying put" movement started.  We took a drive to Port Royal area and stopped here at a vintage shop. Here at the front of the shop was a part of a boat that the girls posed in front of.


Inside was this life-size bunny that Adalyn isn't too thrilled about posing with.
 Genevieve and a forced smile.  

This lilac I pulled up last September and potted, shown here a couple weeks ago

Here yesterday.  Leafed out.


Short video of azaleas.  Not in full bloom yet except for a few.  The large ones that I cut about a foot off of last year after bloom are loaded with buds.  I have to trim the tops some because they were just too tall.        You can't see the buds very well but they are there.




More mulching and painting some window trim today.  

Happy Friday
Betsy


4 comments:

  1. Dearest Betsy,
    You are lucky for having a Publix, we must drive one hour to reach one!
    Only got Kroger here...
    Another week passed and as nature is progressing we all don't know how long we have to stay quarantined...
    Your lilac looks very happy, wish we could grow them here in the South! MISS them so much, their fragrance is so heavenly.
    Is yours white or purple?
    Cute photos of the girls, yes Easter is soon here.
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would have thought a Publix would surely be in your area. We have two close enough to get to here.
      My lilac is one Mom had in her yard. I got a piece of it growing and it just took off. This one is about 30 years old It's moved several times. I prefer the purple but haven't purchased one yet. This white lilac scents the back yard on late evening when in bloom.
      I have to get out and ride. I am out in the yard but have to have wheels moving under me at times. So I shop very early if I need to and get take out..
      I am so done with this.
      Happy Week end to you Mariette,
      betsy

      Delete

Enjoy reading your comments always!
If there is a return email address when I check my moderation of comments, I will reply then. If no reply is enabled, I will reply to comment under post. Thank you - Betsy