- Photos posted on my blog are mine unless stated otherwise. BH

Monday, April 2, 2012

My Easter Wreath

Day trip last week took me through some nice old homes and one had a wreath that looked like it was made of sticks, but painted green .  I liked the look.
I decided to use some of my drift wood that Steve and I collected on Colonial Beach to fashion one for us somewhat similar.    I didn't use ribbon or extra flowers.  Placed the  three lillies and left the wood unpainted.

not liking how the glue was working,  next time will go back to using
wood glue

added some faux moss.

looked like it was missing something after hanging

I decided to put the little birds,  they helped hide the door hanger

Found this poem at Appleseeds.org

Easter morn with lilies fair
Fills the church with perfumes rare,
As their clouds of incense rise,
Sweetest offerings to the skies.
Stately lilies pure and white
Flooding darkness with their light,
Bloom and sorrow drifts away,
On this holy hallow’d day.
Easter Lilies bending low
in the golden afterglow,
Bear a message from the sod
To the heavenly towers of God.

-Louise Lewin Matthews

I am linking to French Country Cottage 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Enjoy reading your comments always!
If there is a return email address when I check my moderation of comments, I will reply then. If no reply is enabled, I will reply to comment under post. Thank you - Betsy