- Photos posted on my blog are mine unless stated otherwise. BH

Thursday, May 28, 2009

Pictures of Patrick Henrys home

Patrick Henry was born in Hanover county Va. on May 29, 1736.
Governor of Va. 1776-1778, 1784

pictures should enlarge when you click on them.


Patrick Henry bought Scotchtown and 960 acres at auction in 1771, he moved here with his wife,
Sarah and 6 children.
Scotchtown contains 3 pieces of
furniture which is a tea caddy, map table and cradle that belonged to Henry. His wife Sarah after the 6th child became ill enough that she was confined to the basement of the home. She died in 1775 and is believed buried somewhere on the property , but no one knows for sure.
Henry sold Scotchtown in 1777.
He died in Charlotte county in 1799.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Enjoy reading your comments always!
If there is a return email address when I check my moderation of comments, I will reply then. If no reply is enabled, I will reply to comment under post. Thank you - Betsy