Blog header photo is mine taken a couple years ago here at home. - Photos posted on my blog are mine unless stated otherwise. BH

Saturday, October 17, 2015

scenic - west virginia trip

Last week end we took a trip to West Virginia to visit my daughter and her family.
The leaves were just beginning to change and it was rainy.   Nice pleasant drive for us both.
Virginia landscape with some changing leaves






Beautiful mountain views from around this area

longdale furnace in alleghany








A community along the Greenbrier river in Greenbrier county and Monroe county (where my daughter lives).
Entrance to the Greenbrier that we will tour next trip.
October 9 and the flowers are gorgeous

The Greenbrier - Since 1778 , Americas resort.
Located just outside the town of White Sulphur Springs in Greenbrier West Virginia.
Forbes 4 star and AAA five diamond award winning resort.  Dwight Eisenhower was the last president to stay here out of a total of 26 who also stayed here.
A massive underground bunker that was meant to serve as an emergency shelter for the U.S. congress during the cold war code named "Project Greek Island".

the road out to Annettes home

pretty West Virginia landscape

with plenty of barns and cows along the way

next pictures of some farm animals my daughter has.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Betsy,
    I really love looking at your photos of WV. I was born and raised in Charleston, WV and my Mom and Dad had a farm in Roncevert, WV, just a little past Lewisburg. My Grandmother lived there too and she retired from the Greenbrier after 45 years of service. I have wonderful memories of hanging around the Greenbrier and riding with my Dad to pick her up from work. After retirement my hubs and I moved to Ocean Isle Beach, NC, but my heart will always be in West Virginia.

    Thanks for sharing.

    hugs
    Sissie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Betsy,
    I had been missing you, good to hear from you again. Looks like a pretty trip. Can't wait to see Greenbriar! Beautiful!
    How are the sweet grandgirls doing?
    Gina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such beautiful country, Betsy. Those autumn colors with be raging soon and what a sight that will be. Glad you had a nice visit with your daughter..Happy Monday..Judy

    ReplyDelete

Enjoy reading your comments always!
If there is a return email address when I check my moderation of comments, I will reply then. If no reply is enabled, I will reply to comment under post. Thank you - Betsy