Among some who assisted the army doctors were Walt Whitman who came to Chatham searching for his brother and Clara Barton who founded the American chapter of the International Red Cross.
Looking out to the Catalpa trees that are the shadows cast on the sidewalk .
back inside is this marker
A former office in the continental army purchased Chatham in 1806 for 20,000 dollars - his family owned the property for 66 years. His name was Major Churchill Jones
a mirror on the bottom shows that is the chamber chair as explained above
little trunk that is sitting if front of sofa above
dining room with artifacts
That's about it for inside - next post will be outside looking towards the Rappahannock river.
Part one can be seen by clicking Here and part three Here