- Photos posted on my blog are mine unless stated otherwise. BH

Saturday, October 10, 2020

Few Autumn pics

 A few decorations outside.  Grand girls love this time of year.  I always did and especially as a child.  Cookouts of hot dogs over open fire, roasted marshmallows and yard games.  Something about Autumn just makes me feel good.   A respite from the horribly hot and muggy days of August especially.  Not too terribly long before the really cold weather comes.  Probably a lot of snow this winter.  I hope so anyway.

Coming into the drive I pause to take a picture.  



A bale of hay and a few decorations at the lamp post



I didn't put out many this year.  I am going to put out my scare crows soon for Halloween. I guess there will be the same few children in the neighborhood and then grand girls come over in their costumes before they go out with a few friends in their neighborhood whom they know well and see almost everyday.  I love the neighborhoods like theirs where they are friends with the young children, their parents and they always chat when outside with a few seniors who walk their dogs the same time every day.  Nice friendly people.  People stay put many years who live there.  

Our side entrance and a small decoration. 
 My husband purchased this tree trunk.  The pumpkin sitting on top has place for a candle inside and it glows through the punched design.
Back to raking and taking care of pulling weeds on Saturday.  Lots to do.  Never ends.






6 comments:

  1. Your decor is such fun. We don't do anything outside due to the winds that we get here but I do ike to make our home cosy for the season.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all the decorations you have for Fall. The front of your house looks beautiful!! I seem to lack enthusiasm this year. Hope I will have it back for Christmas time. Hope you are having a great week Betsy. (I seem to have a computer issue..hope I didn't accidentally forwarded three comments.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Angela. You didn't forward three comments. I know I have done it many times myself though. You will have your enthusiasm back for Christmas. My emails have not been sending sometimes, don't know what the problem is. Maybe the weather, it's raining here.
      Thank you for your compliment. I love doing things in the yard for the grand girls. They won't be caring about it long and they put me in the mood for things. I don't know what I would do without their joy and love.

      Delete
  3. Dearest Betsy,
    What a lovely display of autumn near your front door!
    Especially for the granddaughters this is important for their memories.
    The weather is lovely yes, however, we're maybe in for rain tomorrow when riding the Blue Ridge Train... Hope not! We sure were very lucky in North Carolina when riding the Great Smoky Mountains Railroad (posted about it...).
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  4. The photo of your home with the shadows is lovely, Betsy. I like the outdoor Autumn decor around your lantern. I'm sure the grands like it! I don't do much on our exterior for Autumn. Just wreaths on the doors, so far. I like your pumpkin on the tree trunk. It sounds nice that your grands live in such a nice neighborhood. Friendly neighbors sure do make a difference for children. Enjoy this lovely time of year, even with the rain, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It all looks really beautiful Betsy! No wonder this is my favorite time of the year when I see decorations such as these. I enjoy everything about Fall.

    ReplyDelete

Enjoy reading your comments always!
If there is a return email address when I check my moderation of comments, I will reply then. If no reply is enabled, I will reply to comment under post. Thank you - Betsy