- Photos posted on my blog are mine unless stated otherwise. BH

Sunday, October 16, 2016

At home now

The way the sun hits the plants this time of  year brings their color out so crisp and vivid.
Nice to see such color upon arriving in driveway.

Beautiful dahlia to greet at Lamp post.

along with more mums that were planted from pots several years ago.
  


Already fall - hard to believe the year has just flown



Wreath on my door to greet


Glad to be home after - Total Knee Replacement - surgery.
five days prior to that,  I had a root canal done. 
The meds I need are less now but still take,  give me a headache, nothing I can do about it, have tried several and have tried several nausea meds too.
No picnic.

although swollen - having ice packs laid across the knee, felt  good

Beautiful view from my bed.  Bet the view will be even prettier in a few weeks when the leaves change color.


Best invention yet I think are the foot pumps for circulation to reduce risks of blood clots.


Hurt  afterwards, maybe for some it's easier.   The third day was the worst.
My daughter is staying a week with me and I am so happy and fortunate to have her.
Husband Steve a great help,  running around making sure everything was safe and secure at home.   He always makes sure I have everything I need.


The nurse came in the second day I was  home.  She answered any questions I had  and took blood.
Now physical therapy in home for a couple weeks 
Bon Secours a good choice for therapy at home after hospital stay.


10 comments:

  1. All your fall flowers are beautiful but the color of the dahlia in fhe first photo is so rich and gorgeous.
    Sorry you had to have a knee replacement and the pain with it but it sounds like you have good care. I hope it heals well and quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Betsy, my goodness, total knee replacement?! Ouch! So glad you are home now and hopefully your recovery time will be quick and as painless as possible. Your Fall flowers looks so pretty. Is your front door yellow? How pretty is looks! Take care, I'm sure the grandgirls are right there making sure you are okay?
    Sending get well hugs!
    Gina

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO glad to hear from you and glad that you are home and that the surgery/surgeries went well... Just take it easy for awhile ---and glad your therapy is at home.... You will be as good as new SOON..... I had two knee surgeries (not replacements but meniscus tears) --and I did fine from both... In fact, I paid about 10 times more to save a tooth (root canal plus crown, etc.) than I did for both knee surgeries combined.. (Of course, I have no dental insurance --but do have medical!!!! ) BUT--truly, I'm appalled to think of the cost of dental work these days.. GADS.

    Love your gorgeous flowers... That would make ANYONE feel better!!! And that wreath is GORGEOUS... One of my Mom's favorite flowers was the Dahlia... SO --that one is special to me!!!!!

    Take care, my Friend..
    Hugs,
    Betsy from Tennessee

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness - get well soon, dear Betty! A nurse comes to your home? Not usually in Germany after a new knee. My mother in law is in hospital in the moment with her knee.
    Do you make a spa after the operation?
    Your flowers are beautiful, the lilac mum is great.

    Sigrun

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, oh, what must I read? Hope, you will get well very soon.
    Your dahlia has such a great color, beautiful.

    Margrit

    ReplyDelete
  6. Betsy,
    Glad to hear that the surgery went well and that you are home!! PT and ice is the best things for that knee...
    Thanks so much for stopping by!!
    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am sending you positive thoughts and I hope that you have a speedy healing and recovery process :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sunday we lifted you up in prayer for healing.

    ReplyDelete

Enjoy reading your comments always!
If there is a return email address when I check my moderation of comments, I will reply then. If no reply is enabled, I will reply to comment under post. Thank you - Betsy