Blog header photo is mine taken a couple years ago here at home. - Photos posted on my blog are mine unless stated otherwise. BH

Tuesday, February 20, 2018

Breakfast

It's dreary and drizzly at 8:00 here in the morning and way before.  Good soup day and I started mine with homemade vegetable and beef leftover from an eye round roast I had a day ago.
Tired of the usual, so soup for me.

Dreary,

but I find days like this so relaxing.


Comfort Breakfast.  Fresh veggies- squash canned with tomatoes in basil from my daughters garden.  Peas, carrots, corn, canned tomatoes, noodles, lean beef, potatoes and some garlic.
 Now I think just a tad sprinkle of Parmesan with my huge glass of water I have every morning.  Gotta drink more water.

Sharing with   →  Amaze me Monday

13 comments:

  1. Wow that looks amazing and making me quite hungry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know your soup must be delicious with all of those great ingredients, Betsy. I bet you are enjoying the beautiful weather today! I've been outside working in the garden, pretending it's Spring! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a real comfort food for such a day!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. Thank you Sigrun. wish I could share it with you.

      Delete
  5. Betsy, that soup looks so amazing. Soup is perfect on a dreary day and fun to make too. I can't seem to get going on dreary days, the sun shining is when I like to get busy. My doc told me to drink more water, but it is really hard for me to think about unless it is in the summer time. I try to get through a 12 oz bottle a day but that is not easy...Happy Weekend..xxoJudy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Betsy,
    Thanks so much for stopping by and for taking the time to comment on my post about blogging!! I will continue to post but not as often as I was....... Thanks for your encouragement and support!!
    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  7. Betsy, that looks like a great breakfast to me! And sometimes I like typical breakfast foods for dinner. Like you, I'm trying to drink more water, and that is difficult for me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi again, Betsy.
    Swinging by once more to follow your lovely blog via GFC.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dearest Betsy,
    Well, we too had such wet days and I made a huge pot of chicken soup with fresh veggies.
    Yours sounded like a good choice too and very healthy.
    It is comfort food for dreary days and also cold days. Warming your hands on a cup of soup and warming up from inside.
    Sending you hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  10. That soup looks great and it's very healthy with all the vegetables. When I had my friend from Japan visiting it was a surprise to me that she asked for the leftover soup for breakfast. I too love soups!!

    ReplyDelete

Enjoy reading your comments always!
If there is a return email address when I check my moderation of comments, I will reply then. If no reply is enabled, I will reply to comment under post. Thank you - Betsy