Blog Photo ..Pohlig Brothers box factory where my Grandmother worked ages ago. Today the building has been turned into apartments. Richmond Va.


photos on blog are taken by me unless noted otherwise. Please ask before using.
Thank You - bsh

Sunday, May 6, 2012

Side trip to Snow Creek Farm

Located in Woodford Va.  is a wonderful farm house full of any and everything.   Antiques , vintage, repurposed.    This was their spring market and there are two others in September and November.
We found the sign with  a bicycle near the fence ,  next door was a house that I had to get a picture of .  I like the columns  at the  sidewalk. 




Steve loved the cheerful flowers to greet in front, so he bought two of those and a butterfly to go with them
I hung a big flower on my back door to porch

goodies on front porch
I like the garland of seashells and driftwood
these bugs caught my eye, and I see their bodies are made of bottles,
how do people come up with this stuff? 
I'm gonna make one

Haven't seen her in a long time

Lots of whimsical garden art
that long strand of beads,   gonna make a chunky necklace,  I saw a lady wearing one recently made from large beads and I liked it.

I have this now holding a pot of lemon thyme

Look forward to the fall and Christmas time


2 comments:

  1. Looks like fun! Your cheerful flowers are just that-very cute! I love the mosaic watering can and that mosaic pot with the cherub heads on it! thanks for sharing and have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Betsy,

    If we were closer I'd meet you at Snow Creek Farm and we could get lost treasure hunting! I adore the use of vintage bikes with baskets as 'garden jewelry.'

    Your Friend,
    Deborah
    FairfieldHouseNJ.com

    ReplyDelete

Comments always a joy to read. Some have the - no reply comment -
enabled. I sometimes will respond in the comment section of my post.