Blog Photo ..Pohlig Brothers box factory where my Grandmother worked ages ago. Today the building has been turned into apartments. Richmond Va.


photos on blog are taken by me unless noted otherwise. Please ask before using.
Thank You - bsh

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Purple beauty and a few paintings

Finally the blooms opened on this azalea.  Not sure how long it has been here, or when the first owners planted it,  but it is huge.  
I believe it is call Karume azalea,  not sure though. It is an evergreen
the flowers look like a Lilly to me up close

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
the next few pictures are paintings that my nephew Karl did
He started painting as a hobby a year or so ago
He is self taught - I must say I think he has done a fine job on the paintings to follow




 the one above is a painting he did of his moms childhood home - A stately Victorian


2 comments:

  1. Betsy: That azalea is the most gorgeous one I've seen. So huge but so dainty. Your nephew is a great painter. Wish I had that talent..Happy Tuesday..Judy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Betsy! Your azalea is absolutely gorgeous! And huge! Pretty paintings too!

    ReplyDelete

Comments always a joy to read. Some have the - no reply comment -
enabled. I sometimes will respond in the comment section of my post.