Blog Photo ..Pohlig Brothers box factory where my Grandmother worked ages ago. Today the building has been turned into apartments. Richmond Va.


photos on blog are taken by me unless noted otherwise. Please ask before using.
Thank You - bsh

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Feels like autumn already

The leaves were falling today, well dead ones anyway.  I have started raking up pretty green acorns in my azaleas,   maybe the squirrels are knocking them off the trees.  
I  have two types of flowers left and that is this vine - I do not know the name.  I do somehow manage to buy the seeds from Walmart for the past two years and  plant them.  I guess the name never grabbed me,  the flower is pretty and the little hummingbirds love it.   I hope I can get a picture of him before the season is over.

vigorous climber

beautiful flower that the hummingbirds love
maybe it's a hummingbird vine - I don't know

My zinnias

My hydrangea wreath with a few zinnias
I wired them on after I picked them from the garden
and let them dry on the wreath
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh look - The twins are back,  aren't they adorable?  I have been watching them for two days hanging out together on the flowers.  Lil camera hogs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments always a joy to read. Some have the - no reply comment -
enabled. I sometimes will respond in the comment section of my post.