Blog Photo ..Pohlig Brothers box factory where my Grandmother worked ages ago. Today the building has been turned into apartments. Richmond Va.


photos on blog are taken by me unless noted otherwise. Please ask before using.
Thank You - bsh

All things Christmas on Christmas blog

Friday, July 23, 2010

touring around, flea and ebelskivers- Happy B'day also to Robin ( my niece) her blog-http://robinoftheforest.blogspot.com/

While we were out exploring ,  we stopped here at a second hand shop or flea market as it was called
This vintage iron swinging chair is only $75.00
If my husband is reading this, maybe he will say to purchase it  (NOT)


Seth checking out a trunk with drawers in very good condition- click to enlarge pix to see trunk
The little iron bed is $25.00 with rails

wine rack


windows in my daughter and son in law's front door
I made these so she could have privacy

she likes cathedral looking windows

Last but not least we made some ebelskivers , I didn't have package mix,   so I mixed about a cup of self rising flour with 5 tablespoons butter and mixed until it resembled coarse crumbs-1/4 cup sugar- 1egg- I added enough half and half to make thick but easy enough to spoon into pan.

I filled half in pan, added a teaspoon of homemade crab apple jelly that Annette made and then added more mixture, I turned when browned on bottom and cooked other side,  sprinkled with cinnamon sugar.  Yummmm
Next time I will have to record my recipe as I make it.




8 comments:

  1. Enjoyed looking through your blog, great photos. Hope you got the vintage chair-such a bargain price! Linda:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like you had an enjoyable, if not profitable, day. I love your stained glass and the ebelskivers. Both look wonderful. I browsed through your earlier posts and I'm so glad I did. I love the tone of your blog. It makes for very pleasant visiting. I hope you have a wonderful day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just jumping in to thank you for your visit to my blog. Come often! I hope you are having a wonderful day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love to go to flea markets, garage sales, etc. went today but did not have alot of luck! Maybe tomorrow. Were you able to buy anything? I wanted so badly for you to write that you ended up getting the hanging chair!

    I wanted to visit your blog and introduce myself. My name is Sherry and I am a new Bloggerette Sorority Sister. I have only been blogging for a few weeks so I missed out on the rush, but I look forward to joining in on the fun in the future. I would be honored if you would visit my blog at http://scrappingwithsherry1.blogspot.com/ Thanks and I hope to see you soon!

    ~Sherry F.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my! I've never heard of ebelskivers before - these look soooo good!
    Happy day to you, Betsy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Betsy! I am so glad that you stopped by my blog...I love your too. So nice to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gotta love a good barn sale, and that sweet church/town in TN Betsy? Betcha you could live there!
    Anywhere the kids are, I know. Thanks for stopping in. xoRoberta

    ReplyDelete

Comments always a joy to read. Some have the - no reply comment -
enabled. I sometimes will respond in the comment section of my post.