- Photos posted on my blog are mine unless stated otherwise. BH

Saturday, June 29, 2024

Happy Hot Humid Saturday

 Whoa, been out in the heat as I couldn't drag myself out early enough this morning to beat it to get some things done.

Weeded a little in the garden and watered, then watered again.  Hopefully tomorrow we will get a little rain, or we are supposed to at least.

Tomatoes and squash are growing and there are teensy little tomatoes on the vines.  I also see I am going to have to take care of what looks to be a tomato worm eating at one.  

This was last week.  they are much larger this week.   

This was taken a few day ago also and they are taller today.  When the time is right for planting, they take off.  I stopped rushing to plant early, no more.  Mine do well planted in June around the first week especially for squash and putting tomatoes out. 
My tomatoes I started all from seed indoors, the rest in the ground. 
The seedlings of bush beans and black-eyed peas grow well in the crevice of cinderblock.
I heard okra does to, so I planted some of those.

I will be planting some lettuce in the crevices when cooler and some kale.
Right now I am not doing anymore.  Just watering and enjoying the little things.
Patio plants doing well also.
these two growing together

My husband has been out working in the heat cutting grass and weeding, sweat dripping.  All he wanted was a quick plate of cold cuts with Dijon mustard.
I decorated a little of my front door.  Genevieve our  grand daughter helped a lot with this.  She loves decorating.  
I put little flags out also. May post those tomorrow.

Penguin is still here.  Doesn't seem to fit but he holds the flag in place. 

Been moving furniture around. Again, Genevieve helps and gives hints and ideas and very good ones I must say.   This table used to be downstairs.  Both tables came from Derek and Miranda (son and dil).  I love them. 

The table below is antique and used to be at the front door.
Stuff getting moved around so the vase on the right doesn't stay there but the table on the left will for a while.  The open door leads to the outside and utility kitchen or makeshift kitchen area I should say.  We want to re do the whole area.  A little nicer kitchenette. 
 Our lounge area is downstairs also. This area is where we pulled the carpet up and had vinyl plank flooring put down.   
 We are in the middle of ordering new furniture for the lounge room. It will be an ocean blue leather modular and will be so comfortable watching television and just plain relaxing.   The upper level is kitchen living room, dining area etc.  


Thanks for your help, Miss Genevieve sweetheart. Girl loves her sunglasses and straw hat.
💖


I think I am off to the store now to add filler on that star on the front door.  
Bye, Betsy

3 comments:

  1. I think your garden and your house look wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dearest Betsy,
    You are always so full of energy and get a lot done in home and garden!
    Today I felt mighty proud for having gone to the recycle center, dropping off a full large sized garbage bag of empty water bottles. Pieter always recycled them and I didn't know exactly where and how but now I know. No weight to it so that is easy to handle.
    Next I drove to the Humane Society for dropping off all sorts of cat food that our senior kitties of 17 years + 3 months tomorrow, cannot eat anymore. That kind of food makes them vomit and so I got them special food for 15+ seniors and that works well.
    Went shopping at Kroger and took a long nap as I was in too much pain at night. Slept only 4 hours and sat up for 3 hours. The pain the the stent–graft area is ongoing and there is not much I can do or get such an attack. But still I manage to do my household chores, one step at a time. Did fold laundry yesterday.
    Big hugs to you and you are all set for the 4th of July!
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete

Enjoy reading your comments always!
If there is a return email address when I check my moderation of comments, I will reply then. If no reply is enabled, I will reply to comment under post. Thank you - Betsy