- Photos posted on my blog are mine unless stated otherwise. BH

Friday, October 20, 2023

Yay, it's Friday

 Happy Friday yall.  Welcoming the rain this morning.

 

Won't stop me from seeing some fall foliage this weekend hopefully in the mountain area of Virginia.  

 Few days ago and they are still blooming prettier than in the summer is my rose bush. Always prettier in the spring and Autumn time of the year.  Has a great scent also.


We take our large clippings and cut limbs from the yard to the landfill.  There I decided to pick some Yarrow.  I am guessing that is what it is called, not sure.  Weeds as Mom calls them.  I brought them home and put in a vase.

see those yellow flowers in the field there?

when they lose their color, I will probably spray them a color and use for a filler in an arrangement.
Some pictures of outside and some inside of decorations.  There are just a few this year.  I am looking forward to Thanksgiving.  

I decorated some areas with gourds I grew years back
The lantern has filler with some orange and clove oil I scented them with.  They smell so good with the heat from the candle 

Yesterday I made more Brunswick stew.   I am going to make chili I believe this weekend.  We like one dish dinners, especially this time of year. 

Evening pictures of Porch pumpkins

"There is magic in the night when Pumpkins glow by moonlight" 
Author is Unknown


bats on storm door


lights off downstairs with a lit ceramic pumpkin.

This pumpkin is glowing by a candle. 
Skeleton candle that changes color

With the rest of my apples picked from Paughs orchard in Quicksburg Va
I made an apple pie.  I purchased the store-bought crusts for this one.   I like cooking in my stone ware pie plate.   The crust is crispier, and I like the way it bakes a whole lot better and more evenly. 

Brown sugar, cinnamon and butter on top tossed and then into the Pie plate for oven
The only juice was the juice produced by the apples while baking. 
I sprinkled confectioners' sugar on top.  

It's all gone and didn't take a whole day to get rid of it even. 

Well now as I am finishing my blog post.
The sun came out.
Happy Friday



5 comments:

  1. Betsy, it is raining here. No complaints as it is needed. Love your Halloween decor--I've not put one piece up yet! So it's nice to see yours. Your apple pie looks wonderful! Wish I had a piece right now. I hope you find the mountains lovely this weekend, my friend! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Martha Ellen. I just like to get out for a drive sometimes, just get away and now is the perfect time to do it. It's still early for decorations, growing up, we didn't put anything out until a few days before. I wish I could share some pie with you and a tea.

      Delete
  2. Your decorations are perfect for the season. Your stew and pie look delicious. It just makes me feel warmer to have a pot of something simmering all day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so right. It does feel warmer with something in a pot simmering. Thank you Miss Merry.

      Delete

Enjoy reading your comments always!
If there is a return email address when I check my moderation of comments, I will reply then. If no reply is enabled, I will reply to comment under post. Thank you - Betsy