- Photos posted on my blog are mine unless stated otherwise. BH

Sunday, January 1, 2017

Happy New Year

Starting the New Year with traditional black eye peas.
We didn't have cornbread with ours today.   I fixed toast in the oven in butter with extra sharp cheese on top.
Cornbread served with black eyes for most represents  gold.  I didn't have cornbread today so our gold was golden melted cheese on baked toast.
We ate I am sure more that 365 peas for good luck,  For wealth, I put in stewed tomatoes.  Ham pieces for flavor.

Sorry -  the cheese toast was eaten up before I took a picture and that's the truth.


Hope everyone has a Happy and Prosperous New Year!!!

2 comments:

  1. Happy New Year to you. I hope that 2017 is an awesome year for you --and I wish you all of the good health and happiness in the world...

    We are having our Black Eyes tomorrow --since my son and his bride-to-be here for a couple of days. I make a big casserole (Fresh Black Eyed Peas, Rice, ham, kielbasa, onion, green peppers, seasonings) which is called HOPPIN' JOHN... We'll have cornbread with ours --but the melted cheese on toast sounds awesome.

    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year, wishing you a wonderful 2017.

    ReplyDelete

Enjoy reading your comments always!
If there is a return email address when I check my moderation of comments, I will reply then. If no reply is enabled, I will reply to comment under post. Thank you - Betsy