- Photos posted on my blog are mine unless stated otherwise. BH

Saturday, July 25, 2009

Shirley plantation


I hope everyone has a great week-end, as for me I am planning on picking blackberries with a friend and catch up on some reading.
Sort of a lazy few days.
I took the following pictures in the fall of the year at Shirley Plantation,    I thought the landscape was pretty and just wanted to share the photos.
Have a great week end.

The link if you would like to read more about Shirley.
http://www.shirleyplantation.com/
 
Pictures should enlarge when clicked on

Decendants still live here today.   Some of the original buildings below.


Tool barn


Shirley Plantation Home  the oldest plantation in va. built in 1613 . 
 Inside is the only original flying staircase that is left in the country


http://www.shirleyplantation.com/shirleys_history.html    Hill and Carter family info here.


Cotton Field, I picked a few cotton balls from here and planted them this year. They did come up.



View of home facing river


Shirly faces the James River




Chicken house






Artifacts found on property




Kitchen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Enjoy reading your comments always!
If there is a return email address when I check my moderation of comments, I will reply then. If no reply is enabled, I will reply to comment under post. Thank you - Betsy