Blog Photo ..Pohlig Brothers box factory where my Grandmother worked ages ago. Today the building has been turned into apartments. Richmond Va.


photos on blog are taken by me unless noted otherwise. Please ask before using.
Thank You - bsh

All things Christmas on Christmas blog

Friday, May 5, 2017

Chocolate cake and other thingss

I have seen several versions of this chocolate cake out there.   This one I made from a recipe found on King Arthur flour website.
I didn't have expresso coffee powder so I used what I had on hand which was instant maxwell house coffee instead.        recipe found  Here. 
It called for one cup of cold water.  I used one cup of milk instead.   I whisked mine together in a bowl and then poured into prepared pan.

This cake was eaten same evening and I have made it twice.   So don't worry about having to store it because it doesn't stick around long enough.


 I made the frosting with the cream and solid chocolate.


puzzle is finished and now to find another I will enjoy working on

The view from the window upstairs is what I see when I look up while reading my book and a pleasant view it is with the blooming shrub.


A tea table with pull out sides I purchased from a sale.   I love it.
It has a few character marks which is fine.   I can rub some polish over it to hide  the scratches some.

2 comments:

  1. That cake looks scrumptious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great find I love the tea table and the view from your window is a delight. Great looking cake.

    ReplyDelete

Comments always a joy to read. Some have the - no reply comment -
enabled. I sometimes will respond in the comment section of my post.