Blog header photo is mine taken a couple years ago here at home. - Photos posted on my blog are mine unless stated otherwise. BH

Tuesday, March 7, 2017

Outdoors Tuesday

Windy and lukewarm today.    Warm enough that after the girls finish playing with play doh and drawing, we went outside to plant.
First Adalyn and Genevieve have to fill the pot.  Genevieve is filling a little planting area for me with good soil so I can start some seeds.
Adalyn is filling her green pot for her seeds.
Little windy but nice
Since they love the dirt, might as well make the most of it and get some seeds in the cells to start sprouting.

Couldn't find my little shovels as usual so they are using Opa's plastic tools.

Adalyns pre school teacher gave the children for Valentines day a heart with seeds.    I soaked it and then it was laid in the soil in the green pot.   Adalyn and Genevieve watered it and now will wait to see if it grows.




meanwhile I am looking around and I see much  needed work is to be done.  Broken pots like this one, Ivy is spilling out of and growing up the tree.


Will have to move this cutting that has rooted in the pot soon.




I took the above cutting from this shrub.


Sorry I planted this white lilac here at the fence.  Hope when I try to move it, I don't kill it.

Just to much growth for this area

On my way in.  A few pictures of the porch.  Steve is always purchasing something for the porch that is bright like this homemade lizzard.

plants doing well,  cause they are faux.

A wreath I purchased and placed lil birdy in it.



Inside for Adalyns favorite lunch,  Yep it's corned beef hash.   I like to change it up of course but today she insisted.

I let them eat in the den while they watched Scooby Doo.
Cranberry Apple juice and then a glass of milk before nap time.

fruit cup for dessert


Play doh doggys Adalyn made for the office

Happy Tuesday All

7 comments:

  1. What a cute post, Betsy... Spring is coming here too --and so much to do outside... I'm frustrated since I've been sick over 3 weeks now and can't shake this thing... Can't work outside either yet....

    Your grands are so cute... Love the fact that you are helping them learn to enjoy nature and planting.... What a great gift from the teacher... Love that idea.

    In our horrible drought this past Summer/Fall---we may have lost most of our big Rhododendron and some of our Forsythias... Even the holly bushes have damage... That was just too hard on some of these deep rooted plants....

    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Beth! Nice to see the girls taking to gardening! It's always so exciting to see seedlings sprout!
    The little bird in your wreath is a pretty spring touch!
    Have a happy week

    ReplyDelete
  3. How lovely that you have the girls in the garden, adorable photos. I have enjoyed all your photos, thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh what a fun day for the girls, they look quite content eating in the den and watching Scooby Doo, makes me want to join them in their sweet stress free little lives with a wonderful grandma like yourself! You are creating such precious memories for them, I wish my mom would have been that kind of grandma for my kids, she is the only Grandma they have ever had. So glad you share your time with the girls with us blogger friends.
    Have a great rest of your week!
    Gina

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful pictures.. And you've two adorable little helpers.. they are so sweet..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Betsy, what great little helpers. Did you have this much patience with your own kids when they were little? I know, I had much more with my grandson and sometimes wish I could do do-overs..Happy Wednesday..Judy

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks like you have plenty of gardening work ahead, but no problem with such good - and cute - helpers!

    ReplyDelete

Enjoy reading your comments always!
If there is a return email address when I check my moderation of comments, I will reply then. If no reply is enabled, I will reply to comment under post. Thank you - Betsy