Blog header photo is mine taken a couple years ago here at home. - Photos posted on my blog are mine unless stated otherwise. BH

Tuesday, February 7, 2017

Monday outing

Steve and I took a little ride for the day to get away and have lunch at one of the places we like in the Colonial Beach area.   Wilkinsons served up some very good steamed shrimp cooked to perfection.   Hush puppies with butter was so good.    But by the time we got our tenderloin sandwich with baked potato, we were done.   So filling
The view from our booth - relaxing lunch for sure.

The shrimp were huge and dipped in the  melted butter -- yumm


Like I said we were so full , until we were asked if we wanted dessert and found they had home made key lime pie, so we shared a slice.


The area around Colonial Beach looks like it's being re- newed for lack of a better word.   Murals were on the side of some buildings

This one is on the side of a  real estate office


Looks like this old hotel has been sold and taking on some type of facelift.

Another new face is Dennison Street Inn
Pretty property

water was so clear and moving from all of the wind.  I found a few shells and glass along with some drift wood to add to my collection.



6 comments:

  1. Hi, Being a Virginia gal, I had to look up Colonial Beach to see where it was (since I had not heard of it)..

    Looks like a nice place to go for a day-trip outing... Your food looks awesome... YUM...

    Thanks for sharing. Love all of the murals, and it's nice to see a community 'fixing' itself up!!!
    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh what a fun day Betsy! The food looks great and the murals are looking good, you know which one I like! And the Victorian Inn is beautiful! The clips was fun to watch, so deserted though-which is expected. :) Oh to live so near to the ocean!
    Have a great week!
    Gina

    ReplyDelete
  3. The food looks delicious. I loved the murals such a delight.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's so nice to meet you, Betsy! What a fun day you had with your hubby, and who could resist key lime pie! My late Beloved and I spent our honeymoon in Williamsburg.
    Happy anniversary to you and your sweetie. What a thoughtful gift you received with that antique silver set! My heart is swooning!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Betsy, that looks like a pretty and interesting town. The food sounds wonderful. I would have gladly traded a couple of heart shaped meat balls for some of the shrimp!!..Happy Wednesday..xxoJudy

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Dennison Inn is so beautiful.. this reminds me my visit to Ferndale, a tiny Victorian town in Northern California..

    ReplyDelete

Enjoy reading your comments always!
If there is a return email address when I check my moderation of comments, I will reply then. If no reply is enabled, I will reply to comment under post. Thank you - Betsy