Blog header photo is mine taken a couple years ago here at home. - Photos posted on my blog are mine unless stated otherwise. BH

Saturday, January 9, 2016

winter mantle

I took Santas down and left some of the bones for a winter feel on the mantle.  We are not having much of a winter here so far.   I love winter and this is probably as close to feeling it , it seems.
Now with that said,  a monster will probably move through and dump tons of snow.







Steve especially loves Owls.   I have seen one sitting up in the tree when I occasionally walk the neighborhood in the late evening.   He watches very carefully as I walk by.

First seen in the Virginia colonies was the great horned owl.  Strong with prominent ear tufts also known as Hoot Owls, Cat Owls and Winged Tigers.
Wild Owls usually live up to 13 years in the wild, captivity to  38 years.

Info.  from - owl pages. com


sharing with      the vintage nest - share your style

4 comments:

  1. Very pretty, love the bird theme and the owls especially.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Betsy. Your mantle still looks gorgeous. Very sparkly and frosty like and those little owls look so real. I love to hear the owls. When we lived in Santa Cruz one must have lived in a huge tree across the street and sang us to sleep every night. We don't hear them too much here..Happy Weekend..Judy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your winter mantle is delightful, Betsy. I love it! I'm usually not a big fans of owls in decor, even though they're immensely popular now. However, I DO like yours and would have to make an exception in this case. They look very rustic on my computer screen. Are they carved? xo ~ Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  4. My dear Betsy, your winter mantel is stunning! I just love the sweet birds :)

    I hope you are well and enjoying the new year. Hugs and joy to you!

    ReplyDelete

Enjoy reading your comments always!
If there is a return email address when I check my moderation of comments, I will reply then. If no reply is enabled, I will reply to comment under post. Thank you - Betsy