Blog header photo is mine taken a couple years ago here at home. - Photos posted on my blog are mine unless stated otherwise. BH

Thursday, January 21, 2016

Virginia Museum of Fine Art and Rodin

French sculptor Auguste Rodin; the greatest sculptor of the 19th and early 20th century.  Almost 200 works are on display.   One of which just about everyone is familiar with:

The Thinker




Much of his work presented in North America for the first time



The hand of God


From rough matter made by the original Creator comes smooth bodies of a man and a woman










The Cathedral







So much more we took in including never before exhibited photographs.

VMFA Richmond, Virginia

1 comment:

  1. I need to go back to Richmond. Have not been to the VMFA in decades.

    ReplyDelete

Enjoy reading your comments always!
If there is a return email address when I check my moderation of comments, I will reply then. If no reply is enabled, I will reply to comment under post. Thank you - Betsy