Blog header photo is mine taken a couple years ago here at home. - Photos posted on my blog are mine unless stated otherwise. BH

Monday, November 24, 2014

Mom Birthday 93

Yesterday - November 23rd was Moms birthday,  she is 93 and is looking and doing very well.
We had b'day dinner at the Four Seasons in Powhatan Va.   on old Buckingham road in the villiage.
I wish I had taken a picture of the food as it looked so good and was so delicious!!!
Mom and Karl

Donna and Keith

I wished I had even thought about taking a picture of the dessert slices

Mom had coconut cake - her favorite


 Steve and I had carrot cake
The thick frosting layer in the middle is like a cream cheese cake with wonderful flavor

This strawberry with large thick pink layer of cream cheese cake the color and flavor of strawberry

one whole cake cost $80.00 dollars.   I won't be taking one home ,  I would love to but too expensive for me. 
We had a wonderful time.

4 comments:

  1. Happy 93 to your mom! She looks great! And that cake, oh boy, that looks fantastic. But $80? Wow. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday to Mom! It's wonderful that she is doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Birthday! You're Mom's looking great for her age and wow a coconut cake eh :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Betsy, Happy Birthday to your mom. She looks so good. How lucky you are to still have her. Lovely and beautiful cake, but I hear you. We just took Jake out for his 21st b-day and the Cheesecake Factory. Great tasting and great looking cheesecakes but to walk out of the place with a whole one will cost $60. So we didn't either..Happy Tuesday and I'm on my way to visit your Christmas blog..Judy

    ReplyDelete

Enjoy reading your comments always!
If there is a return email address when I check my moderation of comments, I will reply then. If no reply is enabled, I will reply to comment under post. Thank you - Betsy