- Photos posted on my blog are mine unless stated otherwise. BH

Sunday, July 19, 2009

Henricus Historical Park

May 1611, Sir Thomas Dale arrived in Va. , the London company instructed him to find an area to establish a new town for the Colony. He moved up the James River to establish Henricus, the colony’s second settlement. Pictures will enlarge when you click on them.

Seth and the Musket.



Pocahontas was captured by Captain Samual Argall in 1613,and was first taken to Jamestown. Sir Thomas Gates was fearful of Powhatan, and turned her over to Sir Thomas Dale at Henricus.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Betsy, thanks for posting on my blog. I just looked at yours and like it very much. You have a beautiful garden and a very nice family. I will be back.

    Sabine

    ReplyDelete

Enjoy reading your comments always!
If there is a return email address when I check my moderation of comments, I will reply then. If no reply is enabled, I will reply to comment under post. Thank you - Betsy