Blog header photo is mine taken a couple years ago here at home. - Photos posted on my blog are mine unless stated otherwise. BH

Thursday, December 1, 2016

Moms Birthday

Mom turned 95 on November 23.  We brought her a lemon meringue pie and an apple pie to share.   She has in front of  her a potted poinsettia Lynn sent her.

Happy Birthday Mama

A drive for a little shopping at Lewis Ginter Gardens.     It was a shoppers faire day and I got out for a little while and looked around.   The gardens are lit now.
Wont be walking around them this year too much, but maybe next year.

The bubbles at the fountain change color.

wreath at the gate


on our drive home,  the sun is lighting the tops of trees on the hi way.
Trying to get in the mood for Christmas,  but it's coming slow.. Catching a cold on top of everything else doesn't help.

7 comments:

  1. Belated Birthday wishes to your Mama. The park certainly looked very festive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful to see the Christmas lights and decoration AND the fall colors at the same time. Birthday wishes for your mom! How lovely you could be together on the occasion of her 95th birthday. I'm sure it was a very special day. And I'd take a lemon pie over cake any day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww, Nice picture of mommy and her flowers, I am planning on coming down in January by bus more than likely. Can't wait to see her. Hope your Thanksgiving was fun and you are getting around. I made a lemon mirage pie (1887 recipe-sucked), My coconut cream pie (1920-recipe) and a pumpkin pie from scratch.... I will see if I can copy the picture of us and send it to you...ttyl

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday to your sweet mother, she is so pretty! I loved seeing all the outdoor decorations, just beautiful. I hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful Post... Your mother looks AMAZING to be 95. Blessings to HER.

    We've been out-of-town for a couple of weeks --so I'm just now getting started good on my Christmas Decorating.... Seven coming to dinner here on the 17th---so I'd better get it done by then...

    Merry Christmas.
    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday to Mama. She is so cute, Betsy. All those decorations are beautiful. I imagine a great sight in person. Hope you are doing better and looking forward to a Merry Christmas with your family..xxoJudy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Betsy, I wish you a Merry Christmas with your family and a happy and healthy new year!

    Sigrun

    ReplyDelete

Enjoy reading your comments always!
If there is a return email address when I check my moderation of comments, I will reply then. If no reply is enabled, I will reply to comment under post. Thank you - Betsy