Blog Photo ..Pohlig Brothers box factory where my Grandmother worked ages ago. Today the building has been turned into apartments. Richmond Va.


photos on blog are taken by me unless noted otherwise. Please ask before using.
Thank You - bsh

All things Christmas on Christmas blog

Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Ray of sunshine

Sunshine peeking over the fence.  I call it swamp hibiscus.  Don't know the botanical name.   It is just a pretty and large flower to greet first thing in the morning.

Sadly the beetles like them too.   I have to use some 7 dust to be able to see it bloom.



                               A squash seed I put in this pot and so far a pretty plant with
                                  blooms.

Potted tomato plant, so far so good


3 comments:

  1. Hi Betsy. What a pretty bloom, I like the name you gave it. All your seedlings are prospering and looking good. I left you a comment about not being able to find your blog but now I see I had forgotten that I get it in my in-mail box so all is good. It is so hot here I think it has addled my brain..Happy Wednesday..Judy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful blooms, Betsy!! Thanks so much for visiting!!

    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your garden is growing nicely, Betsy. Beautiful Hibiscus flower! I just love fresh summer squash and tomatoes from the garden -- they're just hard to beat. :)

    Have a great week!

    Hugs,

    Denise at Forest Manor

    ReplyDelete

Comments always a joy to read. Some have the - no reply comment -
enabled. I sometimes will respond in the comment section of my post.