Blog Photo ..Pohlig Brothers box factory where my Grandmother worked ages ago. Today the building has been turned into apartments. Richmond Va.


photos on blog are taken by me unless noted otherwise. Please ask before using.
Thank You - bsh

All things Christmas on Christmas blog

Monday, October 19, 2009

Hollywood - Part three - The End

This is the last of the posting of Hollywood Cemetary. The Mausoleums and a few of the beautiful monuments to various persons laid to rest here. 

Mausoleums built into the side of the hill.

It has been said , they are haunted. 
There is a few stories floating around as to why and those stories  can be found if you do a search on the internet.


Beautiful stained glass in on of the mausoleums.

entrance doors





click on to enlarge

massive roots of magnolia


View of James River - Southern boundary


I was told by a visitor I met in the cemetary this day, that this stone monument  was a whisper wall.  
 I sat  on one end and Carolyn sat on the other,  my voice did carry to the other side .  We could carry on a conversation sitting on opposite ends;  speaking barely above a whisper.  I can't find anything that says this is what it is really called.




3 comments:

  1. This is just so cool. I don't think I have ever been to Hollywood Cemetary and I thought I had. Wow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the pictures of holly wood cemetary. Have never been down there and lived in Richmond my whole life. Well will definately have to go there the next time i come down.

    annette

    ReplyDelete

Comments always a joy to read. Some have the - no reply comment -
enabled. I sometimes will respond in the comment section of my post.