- Photos posted on my blog are mine unless stated otherwise. BH

Sunday, October 4, 2009

The Cross at Cape Henry

This cross commemorates the site where a wooden cross was placed by English Settlers when they landed in Virginia in 1607.  George Percy one of the early settlers set up a Cross on April 29, 1607 on Chesupioc Bay and named it Cape Henry.
Click on pictures to enlarge



September 5th, 1781. For over 2 hours,   two warfleets exchanged cannon fire.  Admiral deGrasse who was comander of French fleet was sent to support  General George Washington . This sea battle which trapped Cornwallis  at Yorktown,  secured Americas  independence.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you Besty for stopping by and leaving your sweet comments. Yes, Winston Wiggins has stolen my heart...how do they do that?
    I will put you on my blog roll as well... keep in touch, cause I will.
    Lee
    I see you travel and take some lovely pictures.

    ReplyDelete

Enjoy reading your comments always!
If there is a return email address when I check my moderation of comments, I will reply then. If no reply is enabled, I will reply to comment under post. Thank you - Betsy