- Photos posted on my blog are mine unless stated otherwise. BH

Saturday, May 19, 2018

Lewis Ginter Bloemendaal visit

Origami in the garden.   Origami art along our walk through the beautiful gardens.  The Origami statues are explained here.




this one blurred but I think you can make it out enough


unfolding

Genevieve checking out the roses here




folding planes


beautiful peonies
closeup




didn't get the name of this one


Gosh what a beautiful rose


Knock out and the most fragrant I have found of the knock out variety.
I am on the look out  for these to have in my yard 



modern shrub...Lions Fairy Tale rose


creamy off white color

Genevieve loves the roses too.



Hybrid Musk rose





Knock out shrub rose



More later

8 comments:

  1. You took us on a wonderful tour. The sculptures were amazing, a joy to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW....that is so cool. Never have seen that before! Great pics and I love the color of some of the roses. Looks like you had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We did have a great time. This was a first for me. Never would I thought I would see origami on display like this. A great time it sure was. Thank you.

      Delete
  3. Those flowers are beautiful. They are some great pictures. I love them. The one that looks like a little girl is so cute. Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Betsy, I've been trying to squeeze this into our schedule when my daughter was visiting from New England. She used to do origami pieces of jewelry. She also made cranes that covered her Christmas tree. Thank you so much for showing this beautiful exhibit at Lewis Ginter. The roses are amazing. I think this year is one of the best for them! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a treat for the eyes, flowers and sculpture together. Amazing to think of folding anything on that scale, then stabilize it for outdoor weather.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Betsy,
    Thanks so much for sharing this unique and interesting garden!! Beautiful blooms and Origami sculptures are truly amazing!!! Thanks so for stopping by!!
    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete

Enjoy reading your comments always!
If there is a return email address when I check my moderation of comments, I will reply then. If no reply is enabled, I will reply to comment under post. Thank you - Betsy