- Photos posted on my blog are mine unless stated otherwise. BH

Tuesday, May 22, 2018

lewis ginter (2)

More of my visit and some beautiful flowers in bloom.  I've yet to see these magnolia trees bloom and must make a point of trying to get here when they do this year.



Potted flowers as we make our way to the gardens.



Crepe myrtles are getting their leaves

Siberian Iris


roof iris


Eastern red bud.  I guess it's trained this way.  Looks like mostly gnarly limbs hanging down with pretty heart shaped leaves.


Chionanthus Virginicus
or Fringe tree







Nice garden seat to sit and take in the garden




natural area with tree house for children






Inside the library there was a table set up to try one's hand at paper folding with instructions
This is a display of origami on the book case

The rose topiary is just beautiful

a close up of the roses

frog




Genevieve said we needed lunch

short video of rose garden and azaleas
Part One is → Here 

6 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful post, the flowers are stunning a feast for the eyes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and glad you enjoyed seeing the plantings.

      Delete
  2. Oh, Betsy, that is such a beautiful place. That lake looks like glass. Your header pic (peony?) is so gorgeous. xxoJudy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I need those gardeners to come visit my house and help me tackle some of these stubborn weeds!!! Gorgeous gardens, I could spend all day in that gazebo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh MY! What a beautiful place to spend the day. I love places like that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for sharing the beauty of Lewis Ginter, Betsy! I love it there and have yet to visit this spring. Hopefully, soon. I enjoyed your sweet videos. The espaliered magnolia must be gorgeous in bloom. Genevieve has a great idea there! ♥

    ReplyDelete

Enjoy reading your comments always!
If there is a return email address when I check my moderation of comments, I will reply then. If no reply is enabled, I will reply to comment under post. Thank you - Betsy