Blog header photo is mine taken a couple years ago here at home. - Photos posted on my blog are mine unless stated otherwise. BH

Wednesday, January 24, 2018

Still Waters

Saturday was warmer than usual, in the 60's.  We took a drive just to get away and relax some.   Quiet is nice.
Colonial Beach is the closest to us for a good water view and very few people.
Such a gorgeous day.  So taking advantage of it was a must for us.

(A short clip is at end of the post)

Here in the car you see a  little Giraffe that Adalyn picked out for Opa, his traveling companion besides me.
 We told her he would go anywhere we went - so he is here with us, but we let him stay in the car where it's much warmer.

Snow is still here and in parts on the water.

Mallards coming to shore.

Little chunks of ice floating in the water

Clear as a bell

The rocks reflected in the water so clearly.

More ice and snow on the rocks




As far as the eye can see.  Maryland in the distance.

A drive further down the strip of road with sweet beach homes and one is the  Alexander Graham Bell house for sale.  It was once the summer home of Bell. 

Built in 1870 with 2,380 square feet of living space.

How nice it would be to wake to views like this..


 A nice perch on top

Just a quick side street view of back yard
For  a little bit of inside view click here → link

Back to the other end as we leave to have dinner of broiled shrimp and salad.

Can't really see well, but the Christmas garland is still up on dock.



A short clip of the day









15 comments:

  1. I'll take that house, the inside with the Tiffany glass and stunning fireplace was a joy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful photos...i especially like to see the snow along the shore line!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Betsy, seems funny to see snow at the beach. Last time I saw that was in 1957! Pretty pictures as usual and I love your traveling companion!.. Are expecting snow tomorrow. Fingers crossed..Happy Wednesday..xxoJudy

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful day to spend a lovely afternoon... Isn't it wonderful to get out --after the big cold/snowy spell we just had?????? That place is gorgeous and SO peaceful... Thanks for sharing.

    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it was great to get out. You are right Betsy, the area is peaceful especially this time of year.

      Delete
  5. Love the Victorian home!! And what a view!! Although the photos made me feel cold! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks like a wonderful Wintery day at the beach. I'll bet Giraffe was quite content to view things from inside the warm car. Alexander Graham Bell's house looks interesting, like it would have lots and nooks and crannies.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Betsy, your photos are wonderful with the reflections! I never knew that Alexander Graham Bell had a home in Colonial Beach! How interesting. I love old Victorian homes and I remember this house, but never knew it once belonged to Bell. How thoughtful your granddaughter allowed her giraffe to come along! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. The reflections in the water are mesmerizing. How fortunate the water was so calm! And the Bell house ... oh my! If I wasn't totally invested in our new life here in Montana, and the log home we are building, I would be snapping up that house! Gorgeous. Any house with those deep porches has me enthralled.

    By the way, I am relatively new to blogging, and one thing I would like to learn is how to add video. My attempts thus far don't seem to work. Any tips?

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely post, I so enjoyed your photographs. Those reflections are just lovely.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dearest Betsy,
    What a beautiful clear day with great view on the beach!
    Lovely sights of ice, sand and water.
    Great architecture too.
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  11. A clear day it was and crisp feeling. Hugs betsy

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are wonderful as it must be rare to see the sea so calm!
    Made for great reflection photos!

    ReplyDelete
  13. It looks like you had perfect conditions for those lovely photos, Betsy. Edison's home was been well preserved. I hope someone will buy it and restore the kitchen to a more period appearance. Bathrooms, too. Lots of character with the windows and woodwork. Have a great day! Nancy

    ReplyDelete

Enjoy reading your comments always!
If there is a return email address when I check my moderation of comments, I will reply then. If no reply is enabled, I will reply to comment under post. Thank you - Betsy