Blog header photo is mine taken a couple years ago here at home. - Photos posted on my blog are mine unless stated otherwise. BH

Saturday, October 21, 2017

Early Dinner

For my birthday Friday,  Steve and I took a  drive to colonial beach and had early dinner at Wilkerson's.   Seafood is cooked to perfection and since we both love shrimp and fish, this is our go to place for it.
Steve's fish and shrimp with crabmeat was so good as so was my broiled shrimp with mixed vegetables.

fresh steamed vegetables



This takes care of our shrimp craving for a little while.

I like this driftwood piece on mantle in Wilkersons



A short drive to the beach to walk off our meal.

Couldn't ask for a nicer day.



A few of my gifts I have posted and want to say thanks to all.
Love the scent of this pumpkin soap and candle - Donna gave me.  Has a sweet music box attached.


When we got home from our dinner out.  This sweet arrangement left on porch table.   Notice the cupcake - it's coconut,  my very favorite.   Genevieve called to ask me to save a slice for her.  I sure did. 
I guess you can see amazon gift card from children.  Thank you!

With a lovely card and autographs 

Genevieve knows how to write the first letter of her name.

Adalyn and Genevieve both drew on paper for me.



Annette gifted me these cozy p.js. that will be much needed very soon as the weather is getting chillier in the evenings these past few days.

Friend Carolyn gave me this  necklace

Also from Carolyn,  a garden bird with the sweeted saying.
A friend is someone who strengthens
you with prayers.
Blesses you with love
and strengthens you with hope.  Carolyn does just that.

Steve knows I love metal sculptures and these two were placed in the area of the yard where I would see them right away and I like the both of them sitting right where they are.

Oh yes,  a book I have wanted to read for some time.  I put the bug in Steve's ear and he ran with it.  Thank you!!!!!!!!

till next time - Betsy


7 comments:

  1. Dearest Betsy,
    Happy belated Birthday and so happy you enjoyed a lovely early dinner together.
    Sweet gifts and good food do lift us up and for being able to walk in the fresh air, along the beach is an added bonus!
    Hugs and happy weekend.
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  2. Belated Happy birthday Betsy.. lovely gifts..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Belated Birthday!! Looks yummy! Thanks so much for stopping by and for your kind words!! Glad that your grandchildren are enjoying my Halloween decorations!!
    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Belated Birthday wishes. Looks like you had a great time and had some amazing gifts. Always wonderful to get pieces from the children handwritten/drawn.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Belated Birthday, Betsy. I knew it was your granddaughter's birthday and someone else in your family.... BUT--I didn't know it was YOUR birthday too.... Lots of family October birthdays, huh???? NEAT... Both my Mom and Dad and one of my two brothers had birthdays in October --but mine is August and the other brother's was in December.

    Love all of your gifts and that meal sounds awesome.. We go to Ocean Isle, NC a couple of times a year to get fresh seafood.. We both love the big scallops and the shrimp.... YUM...

    Happy BELATED Birthday to YOU.
    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Heartiest best wishes for birthday ,may you see many more!

    Glorious collection of gifts,most adorable found from little angles!

    i still have cards written by my kids when they were just children,sweet memories

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful birthday you had.
    Thank you for sharing it here with all your lovely photographs.

    My good wishes

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete

Enjoy reading your comments always!
If there is a return email address when I check my moderation of comments, I will reply then. If no reply is enabled, I will reply to comment under post. Thank you - Betsy