Blog header photo is mine taken a couple years ago here at home. - Photos posted on my blog are mine unless stated otherwise. BH

Monday, September 18, 2017

Colonial Beach

Annette is here for a visit and since it was such a nice warm day,  we took a drive to Colonial Beach with grand girls on Saturday.  They had a great time sifting the sand and putting their feet in the water.  I can say the water was chilly but sifting for shells or pretty rocks is what they enjoyed doing.

annette - adalyn  - genevieve  with Maryland in distance


So many cloud formations - just beautiful

Steve taking children for a walk on the pier

He told them to wave at us and some others on the pier decided to also.



We drive here quite often and it's close enough to do so.  The
children can play in the sand.  Good clean air with always a breeze.

Genevieve looking ahead  loves to wear my hat.



Miss Adalyn




We took in the colonial beach museum for a donation.  interesting history of the area.
Annette and Adalyn are watching a film about the history here and she is very interested.
There is a room about the watermen and the history of the local oyster war.




4 comments:

  1. What a great place to take the children, a beach is always an amazing playground.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My 5 and 3 year old granddaughters will be going to the beach in a couple more weeks and I sure would like to see them enjoying it--even though I was so happy to move away from the beach in FL and back to TN! But watching children enjoy the beach is just a very happy time for all. So glad you get times with your granddaughters to enjoy them!

    ReplyDelete

Enjoy reading your comments always!
If there is a return email address when I check my moderation of comments, I will reply then. If no reply is enabled, I will reply to comment under post. Thank you - Betsy