- Photos posted on my blog are mine unless stated otherwise. BH

Monday, July 3, 2017

Happy Independence Day

Wishing all a happy and fun day.   We will hopefully,  if the weather is not to beastly hot,  go to the parade in town.   There will be food venders. On the lawn at the Arts and Activities center patriotic songs will be played the the Hanover Concert Band.

Important for the young ones to learn what the day is all about.

Our Flag is flying as always

13 stripes represent the  thirteen British colonies that declared Independence from the Kingdom of Great Britain.
My state of Virginia, one of the original 13 colonies, and  was the first part of the country settled by the English.   On the banks of the James River  in 1607 they established Jamestown.

Genevieve is painting her flag made from glued together paint stirrers.  I glued roping to the back of each one and then looped around the top to hang.

Bald eagle flag at the drive.
Chosen June 20, 1782 as the emblem of the United States of America because of
it's strength, courage and freedom like all eagles, but unlike  other eagles, the bald eagle was thought to be only indigenous to onlyNorth America.

My door decoration is simple -  pinwheels, flags,  red, white and blue flowers with a patriotic bow.

Leaving with some picture of a few zinnias in bloom


This is the first year I have planted any like the one above.  The mottled pink is so pretty.



starting to bloom in the bed by the dogwood

withering snap dragons

a sweet little helper

She can pull some weeds too.
Little sweetie Genevieve

be back soon

sharing with Our World Tuesday

12 comments:

  1. Oh how sweet, your helping hand there...adorable. What usual Zinna's (the first two)...I love them. And I really like the door decoration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your garden helper is so pretty!
    Love the zinnias!
    Happy 4th!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you have a wonderful celebration. Beautiful flowers and an equally beautiful helper.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awwww, the little helpers are precious!!!! And the flag artist is quite talented I might add. Your patriotic and history of the colonies is fantastic. I enjoy our country's history so much. And your zinnias...one of my mother's favorite flowers. I used to like collecting their seed in autumn!!

    Happy 4th.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I will have to tell her she is a flag artist.
      I will be collecting seed from these this season, as I do like the speckled ones.
      betsy

      Delete
  5. I like the spinners on your door decoration. Very fun! You have some pretty zinnias. Mine aren't blooming yet as they don't get enough sun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those grandchildren are so gorgeous... I can only imagine how much you love them.... ADORABLE.

    Happy 4th... Love your decorations especially the pinwheels on the door... Neat idea!!!

    I noticed that your little artist is a LEFTY.... Yeah----I am too.... My ex-hubby and I both are lefties --but none of our 3 sons are...

    I love Zinnias --and that pink one is unique.

    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Forth, Betsy! I like the flag your little grand is making from paint stir sticks. Very clever. Your zinnias are way ahead of mine. I had to do a second seed planting as my first didn't germinate. I save seeds from our plants every year. Have a great evening. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. Betsy, little Genevieve is so darling and I love her flag. Looks like she can stay in the lines pretty well. All your decorations look so pretty, even your zinnias are in a patriotic spirit. Happy 4th..xxoJudy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dearest Betsy,
    If I type really fast I can still wish you a Happy 4th of July.
    All day we were at our best friends' home for a wonderful day of food and friendship.
    Believe it or not, we walked the garden and adored her Zinnias!
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hope you had a glorious Fourth Betsy! Thanks for the history lesson too! :) Cute little craft project and sweet photos of the little helper!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Betsy,
    Beautiful blooms nd Patriotic decor!!! Thanks so much for stopping by!!
    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete

Enjoy reading your comments always!
If there is a return email address when I check my moderation of comments, I will reply then. If no reply is enabled, I will reply to comment under post. Thank you - Betsy